The recent Azure Blob Store plugin has some issues:
- It really should be called Azure Blob Storage, to match Microsoft's style.
- The account property is actually not the account name. It's the Blob Storage endpoint, minus the "http://". See https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/storage-create-storage-account/ for examples of MS usage.
To make it less confusing, here are some possibilities:
- add the endpoint domain blob.core.windows.net behind the scenes, as that has to be that way anyways. This would also prevent people from using any of the other endpoints, as there are four in total:
- Blob service: http://mystorageaccount.blob.core.windows.net
- Table service: http://mystorageaccount.table.core.windows.net
- Queue service: http://mystorageaccount.queue.core.windows.net
- File service: http://mystorageaccount.file.core.windows.net
Then people would really just pass the account name.
- Change the plugin name from @Name("AzureBlobStore") to @Name("AzureBlobStorage")
- Edit all documentation strings in the Java code to match the Markdown documentation, as far as usage of Microsoft Azure.