As a user, I want to add a connection to a Kafka source.
- I can add a connection by selecting "+ Add Connection" and selecting "Kafka"
- A modal is displayed.
- Title:"Add Connection: Kafka"
"Name": text box; hint text: "Name this connection (30 characters max)"
"Connection Type": toggle between "Kafka" and "Zookeeper"
• KAFKA: "Broker Host": text box and "Port": numeric text field (default value: 9092)
• ZOOKEEPER: "Zookeeper Host": text box and "Port": numeric text field (default value: 9092)
Links: [Add Connection] [Test Connection]
ADVANCED MODE: ask Bhooshan for details
- Connections are specific to Namespaces:
• Databases added to a namespace is unique to that namespace.
• If I want to connect a database to multiple namespaces, I will need to connect each namespace to a database.
- Name of the source is unique. When the user set up a new source, the system validates that no other sources in the Namespace are named the same.
- Character limit for the name of a source is set to 30. The user cannot type names that are longer than 30 characters.
- The modal closes by clicking [x]. Any information added in the text fields will be lost.
- [Add Connection] is disabled until all required fields are completed.
- An error message is displayed if there is a problem with connecting or testing the connection. Error message: "CDAP can’t connect to the <Connection> source. Check the <field(s) names> input and try again."
• Question: can we surface where and how the information failed? e.g. bad username or incorrect host, etc. and include it in the error message?
- When "test connection" is successful, a success message is displayed: "The test connection to the <Connection> source was successful. " The message is displayed for 3 seconds before fading out
- When a user [Add Connection] successfully:
• Database category "folder" is added on the side left rail, displaying the newly created database with a label "New"
• Label "New" disappears after 3 seconds.