As a user, I want to add a connection to a S3 source.
- I click “+ Add Connection” and select “S3”
- A modal is displayed: Title: Add Connection: S3”
“Name" (required): Text box; hint text: Name this connection (30 characters max)”
"Connection Type”: Toggle between “Access Credentials” and “IAM”
ACCESS CREDENTIALS: "Access ID” (required): text box
“Access Key” (required): text box
IAM: no additional fields are displayed
Links: [Add Connection] [Test Connection]
- Connections are specific to Namespaces:
• Databases added to a namespace is unique to that namespace.
• If I want to connect a database to multiple namespaces, I will need to connect each namespace to a database.
- Name of the source is unique. When the user set up a new source, the system validates that no other sources in the Namespace are named the same.
- Character limit for the name of a source is set to 30. The user cannot type names that are longer than 30 characters.
- The modal closes by clicking [x]. Any information added in the text fields will be lost.
- [Add Connection] is disabled until all required fields are completed.
- An error message is displayed if there is a problem with connecting or testing the connection. Error message: "CDAP can’t connect to the <Connection> source. Check the <field(s) names> input and try again.”
- When "test connection" is successful, a success message is displayed: "The test connection to the <Connection> source was successful. " The message is displayed for 3 seconds before fading out
- When a user [Add Connection] successfully:
• "S3" category "folder" is added on the side left rail, displaying the newly created database with a label "New"
• Label "New" disappears after 3 seconds next to the new connection
- The content of that connection is displayed.