As a CDAP user, I want to be able to view a list of recent runs, as well as generate custom reports.
I can customize the Runs view by selecting a number of parameters in the top area of the page.
The user can navigate to the Report view from the Run Monitor by selecting the link in the toggle on top of the page.
Customize Runs View
The user can select to view either the runs by Pipelines and/or by Custom Apps.
BY DEFAULT, only pipelines runs are displayed.
The number displayed next to each Run type reflects the number of runs with that specific status and Time Range selected
Select Runs Status
The user can select to display one or more run status in the report view.
If the user selects one status, that status will be displayed after the drop down is closed.
If the user selects more than one status, the selection will display the number of statuses selected.
If all statuses are selected the selection is displayed as “All statuses”
BY DEFAULT "Failed runs" are displayed
There are several metrics/data associated with each of the runs:
- Namespace (which namespace the runs belong to) SELECTABLE - viewed by default
- Name (name of the pipeline or custom apps to which the runs belong) ALWAYS DISPLAYED
- Type (Pipelines: batch or realtime pipeline; Custom Apps: display the type of programs) ALWAYS DISPLAYED
- Status (describes the status of that particular Pipeline or Custom App status during the time range displayed: Failed, Successful, Running, Starting, Stopped) SELECTABLE - viewed by default
- Start time (time stamp of when the run started) SELECTABLE - viewed by default
- End time (time stop of when the run ended or was stopped) SELECTABLE - not viewed by default
- Duration (time duration of the pipeline: End time minus Start time. For running, pipelines/custom apps display running duration so far SELECTABLE - view by default
- User (name of the person who started or scheduled the pipeline/custom app) SELECTABLE - viewed by default
- Start method (how the pipeline/custom app was started; manually, by schedule, by trigger) SELECTABLE - not viewed by default
- Runtime Arguments (did the pipeline run using Runtime Arguments. When displayed, the column will have a link to display the runtime args) SELECTABLE - not viewed by default
- Memory (amount of memory used in that specific run) SELECTABLE - viewed by default
- # of Cores (amount of cores used in that specific run) SELECTABLE - viewed by default
- # of Containers (amount of containers used in that specific run) SELECTABLE - not viewed by default
- # of log warnings (amount of log warning in that specific run) SELECTABLE - not viewed by default
- # of log errors (amount of log errors in that specific run) SELECTABLE - not viewed by default
- # or records out (amount of records out in that specific run) SELECTABLE - not viewed by default
The user can customize the report view by selecting or deselecting which of the columns to display. When the user adds more columns that can be displayed within the width of the screen, horizontal scrolling is enabled.
Select Time Range
BY DEFAULT the report displays All the Pipelines runs in the last
24 hours 30 minutes.
The customs selections are saved until the user logs out or the session times out.