As a CDAP user, I want to be able to easily distinguish commands that operate on the Pipeline level (Configure, schedule, and run) vs. metrics and links that are more connected to the individual runs (Logs).
I want to be able to easily see runtime arguments related to that particular run.
Pipeline name and summary
- The first 35 characters of the pipeline name are displayed. Longer names are ellipsis-ed (the full name is displayed on hover)
- The user can view the description of the pipeline by selecting the
- The user can select that version of the pipeline by clicking on a drop-down
- Tags can be added or removed
- The user can stop one or multiple current runs by selecting the stop button. If there are more than 1 run running, a popover is displayed. [^Pipeline Details Stop multiple runs.png]
- The user can start a run manually even when there are other concurrent runs.
- When a run is starting, the start button is disabled [^Pipeline Details - Run starting.png]
- The user can click on the "run" button only once or until the previous manually start run has started.
- There is a visual indicator when there is more than one run running concurrently
- The user can view all the multiple concurrent runs by clicking on the concurrent run link [^Pipeline Details - All runs popover.png]
- The user can navigate to the detail view of one of the concurrent runs by selecting the name of the run in the "all runs popover"
Navigating through runs
- The user can view previous or following runs (of the same version), by selecting the navigation arrows next to the run count (e.g. Run 18 of 100)
- The user can navigate to another run (by using the next/preview arrows) while keeping either the Runtime Arguments or the Logs popover open. The information displayed in the popover will update to reflect the new run information.
- If the user selects "summary" from one of the historical run views, the selected run is displayed as highlighted in the Run History chart. The info popover for that run is displayed. [^Pipeline Summary View -RUN HISTORY.png]
- If the run is within the last 10 runs of the pipeline, the "last 10 runs" view is displayed
- if the run is within the last 50 runs, the "last 50 runs" view is displayed
- if the run is within the last 100 runs, the "last 100 runs" view is displayed
- if the run is not within the last 100 runs, the "since inception" view is displayed
- All Run configs are "view only" [^ Pipeline RUN CONFIG.png]
There are version related actions to the version of the pipeline [^View Running Pipeline Copy 5.png]
- The user can:
- Duplicate (current Clone)
the version of the pipeline displayed
- "Delete Pipeline" deletes the entire pipeline. A confirmation modal is displayed.
- A pipeline that is running cannot be deleted. Delete link is disabled