As a CDAP User, I want to be guided and supported by the system when it comes to managing the runs of a pipeline and its versions.
The system needs to detect when a new version of the pipeline is available and disable/enabled some of the functions so that only the most recently deployed version of a pipeline can be used to start a new run. All runs of the older version of the pipeline, need to be stopped before the user runs the new pipeline version.
- The system automatically detects if the previous version of the pipeline is still running.
- If a previous version of a pipeline is running:
- A popover is displayed when the user tries to start running a new version of the pipeline while an older version of the same pipeline is still running. Pipeline Details RUN New Version Copy.png
- In the "Run" popover, the user can view the list of the current runs by selecting the link "View Run" Pipeline Details RUN New Version Copy 2.png
- The current runs rows are selectable and take the user to the Detail view of that run.
- When the user selects "stop" a popover listing all the runs currently running.
- Selecting stop displays all the current runs and gives the ability to the user to stop all or some of the runs Pipeline Details STOP Old Version.png
- The current runs can be stopped individually
- The user can view the detail of each of the current run by selecting a run row
- The pipeline version number of is displayed, when current runs are shown Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 10.06.04 AM.png
- Stopping all runs disables the schedule and triggers for the previous version.
- If there are no previous version of a pipeline is running, the user can manually run the pipeline without future prompts.
- Running a new version of a pipeline disables schedules and triggers of the previous versions.
- After the user selects "Run" the button disables while the pipeline is starting. Pipeline Details - Run starting.png