- Today building UI takes up a lot of memory as we have tslint check that spawns multiple process
- We also have parallel-webpack that spins up multiple workers to build different webpack configurations for different parts of the UI.
This will be a problem when UI is built in environments that cannot accommodate enough resources.
- Have the option of running build using webpack and not parallel-webpack
- Have the option to skip tslint if we want to build the artifacts and not check code for errors.
- A new mvn profile needs to be added that can do the above mentioned tasks so that users are able to build UI with lesser resources
The tradeoff is more build time but this is an option for users to use in restricted environments and won't be mandatory. Use cases where we need to do tslint and run parallel webpack builds will still use the existing profile to do the same (for instance in bamboo).