While configuring a plugin, we calculate the input schemas it gets, the plugin properties when the node is about to be opened. During this phase we assume that, among the incoming connections, the first connection always contains the port information. This is completely incorrect.
We should base our assumption based on the sequence in which the user connects the nodes.
Steps to reproduce
- Add two sources (S1, S2), null splitter transform (NST1) and a joiner (J1) to the pipeline studio
- Configure the sources and the joiner plugins appropriately.
- Connect S2 directly to J1
- Connect S1 to NST1 and NST1 to J1
- Try opening J1 joiner plugin
After Step 5 UI throws an error and doesn't open the joiner plugin configurations
Try removing all connections and swap step 3 and 4. Now the joiner plugin configuration modal should open.