While testing on cluster the time delay between submitting the query and getting a query handle is huge. This gives an impression that the explore functionality is not working. We need to improve the user experience of the explore page to indicate to the user what is happening with a better information architecture.
Also, need to think about the explore preview results when they are slow.
--------------------- User Experience --------------------------------
User open SQL (Explore) modal and run a query by clicking [Execute]
User has insight on the query status. Animated spinner is displayed in context, Actions are disabled.
User can close the modal without stopping the query.
Visual signifier and number of queries runs are displayed in context of the [SQL] fast action.
- User has visibility of status of single queries
- User can execute a query while another query is being executed
- User can close modal without loosing queries or stopping any running query
- When a query is running no actions are executable within that query
- Previously executed queries are displayed in the UI and can be:
• View results
• Download results
• Clone queries
- When query is running fast action button in details page is highlighted and displays number of query run in that session
- Number of queries run persist until all queries are executed
- Number of query run in session changes to [Done] after queries are executed
- [Done] persist until user open [SQL] (Explore) modal
- If user closes modal after queries are being executed, no visual signifier will be display in the [SQL] fast action...