As a user, I want to be able to select one or more nodes to copy, delete or move around the canvas.
There are two modalities on how to select one or more nodes:
node is selected when:
1. Click on the node itself (I can select multiple nodes by holding the command key (control for PC) and clicking on nodes)
Its node configuration is open (by clicking on it once)
2. Draw a rectangle around a set of nodes in a pipeline by clicking and dragging the cursor across the canvas.
CLICK ON NODE
- I can select a node by clicking on the node
- I can select multiple nodes by holding down the command (mac) or control (PC)
- If two selected nodes are connected by a connector the connector is selected as well.
CLICK AND DRAG (DRAW A RECTANGLE)
- Change current default behavior of moving the entire pipeline by clicking and dragging. The new default behavior for click and drag is to draw a selection rectangle.
- The cursor changes shape from an arrow to a selection tool when I click and drag
- I draw a rectangle when I click and drag the cursor across the canvas
- Any nodes that are included in the area of the selection are displayed as selected
- I can deselect one or more nodes by clicking on another node without holding the Command (for Mac) or Control (for PC)
- I can deselect one or more nodes by clicking anywhere in the canvas
- If I have multiple nodes which are selected and want to deselect one (or more) I can click onto the nodes I want to deselect while holding down the Command (for Mac) or Control (for PC).
- In a group of selected nodes, if I click on one selected node without holding the Command (for Mac) or Control (for PC) all nodes deselect except for the node I clicked on.
- I can move the entire pipeline after I select the "move" mode by clicking the open hand icon on the right menu Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 5.58.28 PM.png
- In "move" mode the entire pipeline diagram is moved when the user clicks and drags
- While in the "move" mode the icon appears selected (gray background #f5f5f5)
- To exit the "move" mode I have to click on the open hand icon and deselect it.
- In Studio and Preview view: I can select a node or more, open "configure properties", add an Alert or Event, open drop down menu
- In Details view, I can select and copy one or more nodes but not paste or delete
- After I select nodes (and connections) I can:
• Move them around the canvas by click and drag onto the selected node(s)
• Copy (by using the drop down menu or keyboard strokes command - c or by opening a menu using right click)
• Delete (by using the drop down menu or keyboard strokes command - c or by opening a menu using right click)
• Open to inspect Preferences modal of any single nodes
• In Studio and Preview: Add an Error or Alert Element (those new nodes should not appear as selected.