Affects Version/s: 4.1.0
Fix Version/s: 4.1.1
Sprint:CDAP UI 03/27, UP2 Sprint 2
Release Notes:Simplified the status, next runtime of pipelines, total number of running pipelines, and drafts in the pipeline list view UI.
Pipelines need not report the exact status of the program, in the sense that there need not be a 1X1 mapping between status of the program and status of the pipeline that it ran. For a pipeline that has run at least once, only the following states should be shown:
Also, the RUNNING status should be reliable, in that it should represent that the pipeline is actually running in YARN.
Here's the approach:
- When a pipeline is deployed, but hasn't been run yet, its status should be DEPLOYED
- Map COMPLETED to SUCCEEDED
- Map KILLED to STOPPED
- *Pipeline Detail page*:
- Currently gets the last run of the workflow and calls the status of the last run. This is fine the way it is.
- Sync up statuses and icons from pipeline list to detail pages.
- *Pipeline list*:
- Do not show suspended status. The status should just be status of the last run. It should be one of the above, or it should have n/a if there has been no run so far.
- For schedule status, let's add a column 'Next run' next to "Duration"
- The value of the column is the Next scheduled runtime, which is already displayed in the Summary section of the pipeline
- If the pipeline is not scheduled (it is suspended), let's show it as n/a.
- Remove "Last Finished Run" column altogether. Instead, add a column "Duration". It should have the duration of the last (or current) run.
- In the aggregated counts, let's only show total, running and drafts
- Map DEPLOY_FAILED and RUN_FAILED to FAILED
- *Add polling throughout page*:
- Polling to check pipelines statuses
- Polling to work with pagination plugins