As a user, I want to be warned, if the action I am taking may have unforeseen consequences, such as deleting or overwriting an existing column.
In data prep, columns need to have unique names. Selecting an already existing name triggers the warning.
- The user rename a column using a name that is already existing and a warning is displayed
- The warning disappears, as soon as the user picks a unique name
- The warning appears contextually and it spans the width of the column
- Warning text: A column with the same name already exists. Pick a new name, or click “Apply” to overwrite.
- Clicking [Apply] overwrites the existing column
- Clicking [Cancel] will not change the name of the column.