As a user, I want to be able to filter a column by a set criteria, or by value.
Filter by Criteria
I can choose a set criteria from a drop down revealing the following options:
- None no selection is made
- Value is empty displays rows that have empty or null in that column. It filters out all the rows in that column that have information.
- Value is not empty displays all the rows that have strings in that column. It filters out all the rows in that column that are empty or null.
- Value contains when the user selects this criterion, an additional input field is displayed.
The user inputs a string, which is used as a criterion by the filter. Any rows in that column that contain the input string are displayed. (e.g. input: "name" result: "name"; "first name"; "namespace"; "Surname")
- Value doesn't contain an additional input field will be displayed after the user selects this criterion. Any rows in the column that don't contain the string input by the user are displayed.
- Value starts with an additional input field will be displayed after the user selects this criterion. The user can input any string, which is used to filter rows which content starts with the same filter. (e.g. Input "Col" Displayed: "Column" "Colander", etc.)
- Value ends with when the user selects this criterion, an additional input field is displayed. Any rows in the column that contain text that ends with the input are displayed. (e.g.; Input "bank" result: "North bank"; "Databank")
- Value is exactly An input field is displayed when the user selects this criterion. Only rows that contain a perfect match to the input are displayed.
Filter by Value
Every unique value (row content) is displayed. As a default, none of the values are selected.
As a user, I can
- Search the value list, by using the search field,
- Select all values
- Select none of the values
- Select one or more of the values.
Filter by value displays only the rows matching exactly the value selected.
- Rows can be filtered by either or both Criteria and Value.
- Filters can be applied to multiple rows.
The columns where the filter is applied display a visual signifier in both the column header and the column row under the "Columns" tab
- Filter selections need to be confirmed by selecting [Ok]
- Selecting [Cancel] clears the filter selection and closes "Filter by" drop down (not the main column drop down)
- "Filter by" drop down closes when one of the followings occur:
• The user clicks on the main drop down
• The user clicks [Cancel]
- Column drop down closes when user selects [Ok]
- Filter by Criteria:
• The user can select a criterion from a drop down, or he can select "none" as one the options
• When the user selects a "Text ..." criterion an input text field is displayed
- Filter by Value:
• Rows' unique values are displayed
• One or more values can be selected at the same time
• If there are more than 5 unique row values, a scroll bar is displayed.
• The user can search values by inputting full or partial words. e.g.: query: "name" results: "name"; "first name"; "namely"
• The user can "select all" or "clear all" selections of values